Dr. Oz recommends taking Multivitamin, Vitamin D, supplemented with Calcium and Magnesium, and Omega-3 fatty acids daily. Dr. Oz provides his reasoning for importance of these specific supplements in this video:
Key statements from the video presentation:
- Take Multivitamin from a reputable manufacturer. Must have A, B, C, D, E vitamins.
- Most manufactures do not put enough Vitamin D. Take Vitamin D (1000-1200 IU, total with Multivitamin) with Calcium (1000 mg) and Magnesium (500 mg); Dr. Oz prefers Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium combination as a lozenges. [Dr. Oz uses bottle with Vitamin D3 in the video.]
- Take some source of Omega-3 fats, preferably DHA. DHA is the most important for brain function. Natural sources include salmon, sardines and other fish. Alternatively, can get Omega-3 fats from Fish Oil and from vegetarian sources.
- Fish do not make Omega-3 fatty acids; they eat Omega-3s from plankton.
- Omega-3s do not cause problems with bleeding.
- Why add vitamins to our diet? Less than 1% of population have adequate intake of vitamins, minerals and nutrients.