Video: LMRP cap istallation (June 5, 2010)
Video Update Source: http://bp.concerts.com/gom/kentwellstechupdatelong053110.htm
- Collapsed riser cutting is underway
- LMRP cap is scheduled for connection the Week of May 31 (temporary solution)
- Choke and Kills lines will be connected to a second LMRP to divert some of oil & gas flow (scheduled for second half of June 2010)
- BP is preparing a floating subsurface riser for hurricane emergency shut off (long term solution)
- Relief wells’ drilling is in progress, will be completed in August.